Art and Literature. These two areas of the human experience are what brought me joy and a sense of individuality as a child. Drawing and writing poetry was my outlet. I would paint to endure life’s challenges and write to relieve stress. I would visit a museum to have fun and read to explore the thoughts and ideas that influenced my next creation. I have to get back to that.
Recently, I’ve been reflecting on why my emotions and moods have been so scattered. While life’s joys are constant and blessings are continuous, I have not been able to simply enjoy their abundance. I’ve come to realize that what I needed was an outlet. Some would say, finding a hobby or recording my life in a journal would be the answer. I agree that those actions would lead me in the right direction but they would only be the start. An indefinite avenue of expression would be long-lasting. I must utilize my gifts in art and literature to enhance my life story.
How did I go astray and forfeit the joy of my beginnings? It’s simple. I began running after an image that pleased everyone else. I lost me and gained the acceptance of those around me. Well, somewhat gained the acceptance. Throw a few unnecessary judgements in there.
When do we realize that all we need is purpose and love? Purpose is the driving force and love is what conquers the occasional hiccups and distractions of life. No matter what course or path life takes, if purpose and love are present, true happiness and joy will always be apart of the final destination.
I vow to get back to my first loves. Art and Literature are a part of my purpose. My heart tells me so. So, I’ll listen to my heart and disregard the noise that attempts to distract me. Embracing my own passions and practicing my craft will lead me to the destination I’ve always dreamed of. ❤️
What are your passions? Are there any talents that you should be developing? If so, let’s vow to get back to our first loves.
Share your loves…
~Tall Drink of Chic
No comments:
Post a Comment